ASSISTANT TO THE CEO with ARROWHEAD DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
Arrowhead Development Corporation (ADC) was established to create economic development opportunities for Long Plain First Nation. ADC is governed by the Board of Directors and a Chief Executive Officer. The ADC manages band owned businesses on its three reserves; Long Plain Reserve No. 6, Keeshkeemaquah Reserve (Portage la Prairie), and Long Plain Madison Indian Reserve (Winnipeg).
Our mandate includes establishing, developing, administrating and managing Long Plain First Nation business ventures and providing funding to non-funded community projects, activities and events on behalf of the First Nation.
ADC is looking for a highly competent and committed Assistant who will provide senior level administrative support to the CEO.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Assistant provides administrative, and development support. The Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for all matters pertaining to the CEO. You will primarily provide day to day administrative support to the CEO.
If you are an individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and excited about taking on a unique opportunity, we would like to speak with you.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide ongoing support to the CEO with daily administrative duties and tasks that include but not limited to managing and scheduling appointments; completing various reports; drafting and preparing correspondence; schedule and arrange travel plans; scheduling and compiling documents for meetings.
- Represent the organization in a professional manner, ensuring clear communication skills, both verbal and written, to internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate logistics and schedule meetings, interviews and conference calls both internally and externally.
- Analyze incoming and outgoing reports and memorandums to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Manage the CEO’s calendar to ensure accuracy and good judgement when scheduling appointments and meetings.
- Exercise complete discretion and confidentiality when handling information on all business matters.
- Respond to correspondence by phone, email, or other forms of communication on behalf of the CEO, when required.
- Responsible for the filing, record keeping, and general administrative support
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Grade 12 or Equivalent or 2-3 years’ experience in office administration or office management.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Windows, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to conduct research, analyze data, and present in a well-written manner
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent time-management, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you are interested, please email your covering letter and resume in complete confidence by September 20, 2019 at 4:30pm to:
Tasheena Henry – Office Manager
130-5010 Crescent Road West, Keeshkeemaquah, MB R1N 4B1
We thank all interested applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted