CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE LPFN FINANCE AND AUDIT COMMITTEE
Having enacted its Financial Administration Law under the authority of the Fiscal Management Act, Long Plain First Nation is looking for an experienced business person to join its Finance and Audit Committee. The Finance and Audit Committee assists Council in carrying out its oversight responsibilities for financial reporting, internal control and risk management processes.
The Committee position would be for a 3-year term and the committee member would be expected to commit to preparing for and attending a minimum of 4 committee meetings per year. Members must not be a LPFN/ADC staff member.
The criteria to determine whether a Finance and Audit Committee member is financially competent
• The ability to read, understand and analyze the LPFN and ADC’s annual financial statements
and the notes to the financial statements;
• The ability to understand accounting policies, including any estimates used or judgments
applied by management in the application of the LPFN’s accounting policies, when these are
explained by the Director of Finance and the auditor;
• An understanding of LPFN and ADC’s objectives and operations that may impact the selection
or application of accounting policies;
• A knowledge and understanding of the strategies that have been adopted by LPFN and ADC
and the risks inherent in any new strategies; and
• An ability to understand LPFN’s risk environment.
Honorarium and travel will be provided on a per meeting basis.
On behalf of Chief and Council I would like to thank you for your interest in serving Long Plain First Nation.
Please forward a resume by December 30, 2019 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.