Case Manager for Jordan’s Principle-Child First Initiative
Long Plain Jordan’s Principle Child First Initiative is seeking a Case Manager.
Under the direction of the Program Coordinator, the Case Manager will plan, organize, implement, direct, supervise, coordinate and evaluate activities related to the Families of Children with the Complex Special Needs program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement Case Management Model in delivery services.
- Establish a culturally safe circle of care for the families and their children.
- Identify and implement the unique needs of the child and family (basic care and support)
- Build a capacity and maximize supports and resources
- On-going access to services to meet child’s needs
- Participate in parent programs-develop long and short-term goals for the child
- Ensure the wellbeing of clients into the program and promote their development
- Monitor and evaluate all tasks of the Child Development Workers and the program
- Make recommendations for changes and improvements to the program, as required
- Liaise with all family, medical and other resources, as required
- Ensure personal and professional conduct reflects the Long Plain Health Services vision, mission and values
- Leads by example, ensuring attendance, work quality, client attention and adhering to policies and directives are priorities
- Schedule work assignments for Child Development Workers and respite workers to maintain a current, accurate, confidential client reporting system
- Must be willing to work overtime required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Profession designation such as Nurse, Social Worker and/ or equivalent work experience
- Specialized Training in Special Needs.
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable means of transportation.
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Must be 18 years or older.
Closing Date: August 23, 2019
Interview Date: August 27,2019
Start Date: September 3, 2019
Individuals who feel they are qualifies for this position can submit a cover letter, and a current copy of their resume along with Two (2) references to:
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted
We thank all that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted