Long Plain First Nation Jordan’s Principle-Child First Initiative
Jordan’s Principle is seeking a Full Time Cultural Worker, Term Position December 9, 2019-March 31, 2020.
Reports to: Jordan’s Principle Program Coordinator
Under the direction and supervision of the Jordan’s Principle Program Coordinator, the Cultural Worker will coordinate and provide Land Based Healing Programs for the clients and families within the Long Plain First Nation Jordan’s Principle program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Promote relevant cultural history and traditional activities
• Provide activities and programming to promote Traditional Teachings, Contemporary Teachings, Cultural and Land Based Activities.
• This position requires an adjusted work schedule. Many of the programs many include weekends and evenings in order to provide these specialized services.
• Clear documentation, assessment, implementation and evaluation would be required for this position.
• Clear and consistent communication with the Jordan’s Principle team and clients.
• Work as a valuable team member and provide strict confidentiality regarding Jordan’s Principle Team members and Clients
• To contribute to and attend training and all staff meetings
• To comply with the requirements of employees under the Health and Safety at Work Act and other related policies and procedures and to report any accident/hazards to the Program Coordinator immediately
• To take sole responsibility for the welfare and safety of clients when out in the community and while off-site.
• Plan, organize and deliver group sessions and activities with clients, as required
• To be aware of client’s medications and provide emergency services for those individuals when necessary
• To drive vehicles as appropriate in order to facilitate social and educational trips for clients
• Has delegated responsibilities when on duty for premises, assets, equipment and the welfare of clients, but should always refer to the Program Coordinator
• May need to administer first aid in emergency situations
• The duties and responsibilities describe above are not exclusive and the position holder will be required to undertake other duties and projects
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma
• Minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience.
• Valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Must be willing to complete CPR certification
• Knowledge of Dakota/Ojibwe language and culture will be an asset
• Must attend training as required on site and away from the community
• Must present recent Criminal Record Check-Vulnerable Sector and Child Abuse Registry and Driver’s abstract
Closing Date: November 28, 2019@ 4:30 pm
Interview Date: December 3, 2019
Start Date: December 9, 2019
Individuals who feel they are qualified for this position can submit a cover letter, a current copy of their resume along with 2 references to:
Ph: 204 – 252 – 2731
Fax: 204 – 252 – 2012