Economic Development Officer
Competition# 2019-02-001 ED
Long Plain First Nation is seeking an Economic Development Officer to identify and implement economic development projects and opportunities for Long Plain First Nation.
Abilities and/or Experience Requirements:
Applicant is to possess a Grade 12 diploma, Post Secondary training in Economic Development and two (2) years experience on the job or a combination of education and experience.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• must possess effective oral and written communication skills
• strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• have the ability to handle high stress situations under tight deadlines
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel spreadsheets and Internet is required.
• Basic mathematical ability with attention to detail and highly effective problem-solving skills will
• must be able to research areas of potential economic growth
• communicate with external agencies
• prepare business plans for approval by the Long Plain Chief and Council.
Must have own vehicle and a valid driver’s licence.
Closing Date: March 19, 2019
Start Date: April 1, 2019
Individuals who feel they are qualified are invited to submit a covering letter, a current resume with two references and a copy of a current Driver’s Abstract to:
Telephone: 204-252-2731 Fax: 204-252-2012
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.