The Long Plain First Nation Housing Manager is to carry out and/or oversee a wide variety of housing related tasks and responsibilities. Reports housing matters to the Chief and Council. Reports general administration matters to the Tribal Administrator and/or Councillor with Portfolio for program direction. The incumbent will liaise with external agencies and organizations in the development and pursuit of funding for identified projects, under the direction of Long Plain First Nation Chief & Council.
- Monitor and supervise all housing staff members (Maintenance, Plumbers, Contractors, Electricians, Tenant Relations, Housing Clerk, Administrative Assistants).
- Responsible for all housing maintenance and renovation issues, as app
- Ensure housing proposals meet the criteria, submission deadline date and reporting deadline
- Approval of all housing expenditures (purchase orders, travel claims, casual time sheets).
- Input into RRAP and all CMHC Projects in regards to tenders, bids, retrofits,
- Ensure a housing inventory and housing list is kept current at all times.
- Organize housing inspection
- Monitor and evaluate progress and completion of renovation contracts with progress
- Complete staff performance appraisals on an annual basis.
- Ability to negotiate and facilitate dispute
- Facilitates housing meetings and information sessions, as
- Report on housing program and project progress to the Chief and
- Prepare annual program/project budget(s), monitor and amend as applicable, for Council and Finance
- Ensure adherence to pending Long Plain First Nation Housing
- Establish and maintain communications with Finance , applicable Program Managers, Administration and Chief & Council
- Any other duties as assigned from appropriate authority from time to time
Abilities & Skills
- Must have working knowledge of computers with software programs – Microsoft Word, Excel, and knowledge of
- Must have basic accounting knowledge to develop budgets, monitor revenue and expenses and understand financial
- Must be knowledgeable about CMHC Housing Program, National and Provincial Housing Codes, tendering process and contract
- Must be knowledgeable about zoning, Utility set up process and building
- Must possess strong communication skills, written and
- Must possess strong organizational and interpersonal
- Must work independently and be a team leader of housing
- Must have current Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry
- Must have a current Driver’s License with drivers abstract and a vehicle.
Education or Experience
Must possess a University degree or College Diploma in Management or five years’ experience and/or equivalent training and experience in housing related field.
Closing date: September 30, 2020 @ NOON
Start date: To be determined
Individuals who feel they are qualified are invited to submit a covering letter, current resume with two references to:
Rosalind Merrick, Tribal Administrator
Telephone: 1- 204-252-2731; cell: 1-204-870-2422