The Long Plain First Nation Housing Manager is expected to carry out and/or oversee a wide variety of housing related tasks and responsibilities. Reports housing matters to the Chief & Council. Reports general administration to the Tribal Administrator and/or Councillor with Portfolio.
- Supervision of all housing staff members (Maintenance, Plumbers, and Contractors, Electricians, Tenant Relations Officer, Housing Clerk).
- Responsible for all housing maintenance issues as applicable.
- Approval of all housing expenditures (Purchase Orders, Travel Claims, Casual Time Sheets).
- Input into RRAP and all CMHC Projects in regards to tenders, bids, retrofits, and renovations.
- Ensure adherence to Long Plain Housing Policy
- Monitor and evaluate progress and completion of contracts with progress reports
- Evaluate staff job performance
- Supervise tenant relations performance/duties.
- Facilitate housing meetings as required.
- Ensure a housing inventory is maintained.
- Organize housing inspections.
- Any other duties as assigned by the appropriate LPFN Authority.
Abilities & Skills:
- Must have working knowledge of computers with software programs – Microsoft Word, Excel, Accpac
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Must be knowledgable abouting zoning by-laws
- Must be knowledgable about CMHC Housing Program, National Housing Code, tendering process and contract implementation.
- Must possess strong communication skill, written and verbal
- Must have current Criminal Record Check & Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must have a current Drivers License with reliable vehicle.
Education And/Or Experience
Must possess a University education or five years’ experience and/or equivalent of training and experience in housing related field.
Closing Date: To Be Determined
lnterview Date: To Be Determined
Start Date: To Be Determined
Individuals who feel that they are qualified can submit a cover letter, current resume, along with two references to:
Human Resource Officer
Ph : 204 -252-27 3t Fx: 204-252-2012
Human Resource Assistant