Notice is hereby given that a On Reserve Trustee General Election of four (4) On-Reserve Trustee’s for the LPFN Trust will be held on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at the Long Plain Spirit Lodge. Voting Polls will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 pm and the ballot count will start at 8:15 p.m.
Nomination Form & Criminal Records Check Forms can be picked up at the LPFN Ad-ministration office during regular business hours: Monday through Friday between 8:30 – 4:30 pm. Also at the Rufus Prince Building, located at Room 210/ 5000 Crest Road West during regular business hours: Monday through Friday between 8:30 – 4:30 pm.
Please be aware that criminal record checks should be done as soon as possible and can be completed through the Long Plain DOPS Detachment Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm at a cost of $10.50. Please be advised two (2) pieces of Identification are need-ed to process the Criminal Records Check.
Completed Nominations Forms and attached completed Criminal Record Checks must be sealed and hand delivered to the Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) on May 16/2018 at the LPFN Administration Boardroom from 8:30am till 4:30 pm. Only the CEO can receive the Nomination documents. Candidates will be posted May 17/2018.
All candidates shall be required to participate in a Public Forum, which has been scheduled for Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at the Long Plain Spirit Lodge, starting promptly at 6:00 pm.
Requirements for Candidacy:
In order for an eligible Tribal Member to be nominated as a candidate for On-Reserve Trustee, he/she must submit the Nomination Form, which shall contain the following;
- The signatures of no fewer than two (2) Eligible On-Reserve Tribal Members oth-er than the candidate named therein supporting the candidate;
- Biographical information accurately describing the candidate’s background, proof of residence and details of any qualifications outlined in the LPFN Trustee Election Act;
- Acknowledgement in writing of the candidate’s acceptance of the nomination and undertaking, if elected, to discharge his/her duties in accordance with the obligations imposed by the law and Trust Agreement.
- Completed Criminal Records Check to be filled out in accordance with Article 12.6 of the Trust Agreement.
- The original nomination and forms must be hand delivered to the CEO at the LPFN Administration Boardroom between the hours of 8:30am to 4:30 pm, May 16/2018 .
- The Chief Electoral Officer shall reject nominations not meeting the requirements of Article 5.3 which state that the candidates should be People of good character, and must possess a working knowledge of English. Candidates born after January 1, 1965 must also have completed a minimum of a Grade 10 education or its equivalent.
- As per Article 5.1 of the Trustees’ Election Act Candidates for Trustees must be ordinarily resident in the area for which he or she is running (On-Reserve resident)
Any questions concerning the By-Election for the On-Reserve Trustee should be directed to Kathryn Myran, Chief Electoral Officer, Ph: 204– 252-3420 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org