PLUMBER’S ASSISTANT – EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Long Plain First Nation is seeking a Plumber’s Assistant to assist with the Journeyman Plumber.
The Plumber’s Assistant is responsible for performing the necessary duties of plumbing as directed by the Supervisor:
- Must be physically fit as the job is physically demanding
- Must have good working knowledge of basic plumbing procedures
- Change, repair sump pumps
- Unclog drains throughout the residence as needed
- Complete work orders
- Ability to lift 50 lbs or more
- Able to work in confined spaces
- Other duties as requested by Journeyman Plumber
The successful applicant must:
- Have sound communication skills, efficient work ethics. and effective work performance.
- Have Grade 1 O or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years plumbing experience.
- Provide own tools.
- Be able to work independently and as a team
- Be able to take direction.
- Have reliable means of transportation and a hold a current Manitoba Driver’s License
- Provide a clear criminal record, child abuse registry and vulnerable persons record check
Hours of work are 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday with some on call, after hours and weekend work as required.
Closing Date: September 12, 2018@ 4:30 pm
Interview Date: TBD
Start Date: TBD
Individuals who feel they are qualified are invited to submit a cover letter, current resume
with two references and a criminal record check to:
D. Harder, Human Resource Officer
R. Roulette, Human Resource Assistant
We thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Preference given to Long Plain First Nation Band Members