The Program Assistant works under the direction and supervision of the Program Manager of Long Plain Employment & Training (LPET). The Program Assistant will work to plan and coordinate projects within LPET.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Familiarized with ASETS – the Aboriginal Skills & Employment Strategy
• Creating and maintaining project and client records
• Maintain budgets for projects
• Preparing monthly reports to Program Manager
• Interact with the public and clients in a professional and respectful manner
• Able to meet strict deadlines
• Ability 10 maintain confidentiality
• Contribute to team effort by working in collaboration with LPET’s Client Services Support Worker & other departments within Long Plain First Nation
Skills & Qualifications:
• Minimum Grade 12 plus one year relevant work experience
• Self-motivated and able to problem solve
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Skilled in prioritizing, organizing, problem solving and time management
• Ability to multi-task
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel & Word
• Valid Class S Drivers License with access to reliable vehicle
• Satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check, Child Abuse Registry Check
Interested candidates are encouraged to forward a cover letter, resume & two letters of reference to:
Long Plain Employment & Training
Fax: (204) 857-7480
Deadline: No later than 4:30 pm on Friday, October 12, 2018.
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. We thank all those who apply however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.