Seasonal Campground Manager
Keeshkeemaquah RV Park & Campground
This is a great opportunity for anyone who loves the outdoors and has a passion for camping and making people happy! If you are mechanically and maintenance inclined along with possessing great administrative skills – and great customer service skills, then this job is for you. The position requires living on-site.
Keeshkeemaquah RV Park & Campground is set over 23 acres of oak woodland & rolling prairie meadow grassland. Sites are spacious (& shaded!!), with a choice of services available – from un-serviced camping to full service & power to suit all – 15/30 & 50 amp hook-ups. We have 72 sites and 4 Cabins being mostly seasonal and the others being overnight (reservation-based). The park is open for camping starting May 1 until October 15.
The attributes, responsibilities, and duties are as follows but are not limited to this list as things are always changing:
- Basic financial statement knowledge with the ability to create and follow budgets
- A hospitable nature – previous campground or hospitality industry experience a definite asset
- Great communication and customer service skills
- Computer competency: Microsoft Word, Excel and Reservation software
- Ability to assess issues and problem solve
- Knowledge of infrastructure and maintenance skills – i.e.: some knowledge of hydro, water, sewer and the ability to make minor repairs as well as learn to open and close the park and pool.
- Attention to detail and being accountable for decisions
- A passion for wanting to please our guests including a sense of urgency in responding to guests and a desire to achieve guest satisfaction
- Ability to supervise staff
- A sense of pride in how your property looks to each and every visitor
- Experience in operating small machinery such as bobcat, small backhoe, small tractor, lawnmower, weed eater, a chainsaw (training can be provided depending on candidate’s other experience)
- Knowledge in small engine repair
- Pool maintenance
- Restroom maintenance and cleaning
- Property maintaining (grass, weeds, brush cleaning, trimming)
- Wood splitting with a wood splitter
- Wood Delivery to campers
- Selling Ice
- Checking in visitors, overnight campers
- Taking payments and money
- Various Maintenance duties around the park
- Self-Motivated (Does not need a list can decide what needs to be done on own)
- Able to enforce all Campground Policies and Rules and Regulations (i.e. quiet time after 11 pm)
- First Aid and CPR (would be an asset but not required)
- Must have valid Class 5 Drivers Licence and a reliable vehicle.
This position reports directly to the CEO – Arrowhead Development Corporation, Special Project.
This is a full time live onsite position. The position will include a fully paid accommodation. Hydro, water, and internet included plus a salary. The salary will be based on experience and other factors. We are looking for people who would be able to commit to at least more than one season.
Closing Date: February 07, 2020
Start Date: February 18, 2020
If you feel you are a good candidate for our campground, please submit your resume to:
In Person: 130-5010 Crescent Rd W, Keeshkeemaquah, MB
By Mail: Arrowhead Development Corporation
130-5010 Crescent Rd W, Keeshkeemaquah, MB R1N 4B1
By Fax: 1-204-857-5042
By E-mail: email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with further information.