Income assistance provides income support as a last resort to eligible adults and their dependents that are unable to meet their basic and special needs.Income assistance provides benefits to help clients with the costs of:
- Food, clothing personal and household needs.
- Basic dental, optical and prescription drugs.
- Rent and hydro
As of February 1, 2016, I took over as Social Services Administrator. I have worked for the Band for 22 years in various areas. My educational background is a Bachelor of Science Degree, majoring in Psychology and Native Studies. I enjoy working with people and contributing to the betterment of the reserve. Renee Francis was hired as Social Services Assistant as of March 1, 2016. She possesses a Business Certificate from Yellowquill College. Renee is eager to learn all aspects of the social program and looks forward to serving the community.
Role of Administration:
- Administer the program as required by the terms and conditions of its funding agreement and policies.
- Provide assistance to all eligible persons residing on reserve.
- Store client information and records in a safe and secure manner.
- Maintain all records forms and documents required by the funding arrangement and make them available to INNAC for program reviews and financial audits.
- Provide INNAC with statistical and other documentation as required by the funding agreement.
- Meet other agreed-upon terms and conditions.
- Provide applicants with the information and assistance they need to make a proper application.
- Treat all personal information as private and confidential.
- Deliver services without discrimination related to applicant’s race, gender, color, creed, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
- Provide prompt, courteous, efficient and fair treatment.
- Determine eligibility on the basis of objective evidence as required by program policy and procedures.
- Provide applicants with all assistance and benefits for which they qualify under the policy and procedures established in this guide.
- Inform applicants of their eligibility and benefit rates in writing if they so request.