Jordan’s Principle – Wellness Worker
Term Position May 1,2019 to March 31, 2020
Long Plain First Nation is seeking to employ a full time Jordan’s Principle Wellness Worker. This position will include cultural and lands-based activities by collaborating with the Cultural Support Worker in methods and teachings that promote wellbeing.
• Work with the family and youth to develop wellness plans that are concrete, attainable, and relevant to concerns that led to referral to the program, in a sensitive, respectful, First Nation centered and culturally sensitive/appropriate manner.
• Develops and delivers a variety of workshops/presentations to clients, families, community, special interest groups on youth wellness and outreach initiatives.
• Develop and maintain knowledge of internal and external community resources, service providers, groups and programs that could be of benefit to families and the youth.
• Performs other activities and duties as assigned within the position’s mandate and expertise, under the direction of the Jordan’s Principle Case Manager.
• The duties and responsibilities described are not exhaustive and the position holder will be required to undertake other appropriate duties and projects from time to time as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Degree in Counselling, Social Work or similar experience, and a minimum of three years of current experience in programs such as Mental Health, Addictions or a related field.
• Considerable recent experience in community -based mental health and addictions with a youth focus including the areas of trauma, violence and abuse.
• Recent experience with residential school direct and intergenerational effects.
• Knowledge of First Nation history with formal justice, residential and child welfare systems is required for success in this position.
• Must have a recent Criminal Record Check-Vulnerable Sector, Child Abuse Registry and Driver’s Abstract.
• Valid Manitoba Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
Closing Date: April 29, 2019
Interview Date: TBD
Start Date: TBD
Individuals who feel they are qualified can submit a cover letter, current resume along with two references to:
We thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.